Diabetes and Hiv/aids.
Aug 13, 2008
Hi, I have diabetes! And I was wondering since I get bloodwork done every like 3months will my bloodwork show that I have hiv/aids. Like, can you see hiv/aids with any blood work? Or does it have to be a certain kind?
Response from Mr. Vergel
You need to get an ELISA, western blot, or HIV viral load test to make sure. There are changes that happen to people who are infected with HIV: Low HDL and total cholesterol, increased in MCH and other values in a CBC-SMAC. But the only sure way is to run a HIV test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Warning Signs Of HPV
- AIDS Infection Risk Licking Penis
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Getting HIV From Giving Oral Sex
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sharing A Toothbrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.