Switching Medication

I've been on Atripla since 3/25/2008. I throw up in the morning around the same time about 4-5 times a week. But the medication has done and is doing it's job! I'M UNDECTABLE! WHOOHOO! But, the vomiting and nausea are becoming a bit much. Should I switch medications? Please advise.

I am so sorry that you have nausea with Atripla, which is not a common side effect. I hope that other HIV meds like Viramune, or protease inhibitors like reyataz, kaletra, invirase, or prezista boosted with Norvir and taken with a background of Truvada may help you. Talk to your doctor about these other options.

In the mean while, I would talk to your doctor about prescribing Zofran, a great drug for nausea. Also, drink ginger tea when you wake up since it has been shown to help diminish nausea also.

nelson

MY CD4 Dilemma
Weight Gaining