MY CD4 Dilemma

This is more an FYI than a question. I started meds with a CD4 count of 60 in 2004. i got on meds, my viral load within 3 months went to undetectable. But until March of 2008 i struggled with my CD4 it never went over 300. it hovered between 175 and 280. Such that my doc put me back on meds for OP last Jan. I was so annoyed because i take good care of myself, no drink, no smoking, and exercise regularly. To make this short, i went on line and did some basic reserch on how to boost the immune system naturally, i found an article on Whey used to boost immune system in patients who had chemo after cancer. I bought non denatured, microfiltered and no growth hormons whey product (its from canada). i took 1 scoop in am and pm for 3 months without fail. went for blood and my CD4 had gone from 170 to 380 did another 3 months and it went to 420. i also switched from giving bllod in am to late pm as i read CD 4 is higher in pm. I am so happy, was it the whey i beleive so, and noone will tell me otherwise. its important to get the correct whey that has high glutamic acid and is non denatured. Nelson have you experience with this ?

Yes, there are a few small studies showing an immune benefit with whey protein supplements. Immunocal was a supplement used back then but the company shut down. I am glad you were able to get some good results!

Too bad many of us are whey intolerant!

Nelson

How are you Nelson?
Switching Medication