For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Dr. Andrew Weil: astragulus and maitake mushroom

Hi Nelson, Dr. Andrew Weil said he followed some HIV/AIDS patients prior to the introduction of ARVs and he claimed some of these patients sweared that taking astragulus and maittake mushroom raised their cd4 and preventing (delayed) their decline in cd4. Any truth to this?

I tried both back in the days of true desperation withno results. However, that is not to say that they may not work in this new era of HAART. But claims without data are empty promises to me.

A safe detox?
olive leaf extract or d-lenolate