HELP PLEASE

My husband was recently diagnosed. He's 53 yrs old. He's been on Atripla for 2 months and now his vl is undetectable. His cd4 is 119 ( used to be 8 ) his doctor was happy with the improvement but I'm scared to death about this medication messing with his liver, or kidney or heart or causing lacto acidosis. He has stomach pain since he started treatment but he says the pain is not as often as it used to be. Is this normal after 2 months?. Should I be concerned about his? THANKS

Atripla does not contain Zerit and DDI, two of the main culprits of lactic acidosis in the past. Besides nightmares and sleep problems at the beginning of the therapy, Atripla has very few side effects. Gastrointestinal problems are rare.

If his pain continues, I would suggest that he is sent to a GI doctor just to make sure he is ok and that he does not have an ulcer (unrelated to Atripla) or other problems.

Nelson

Hooray ! Testosterone Here I come.........
A safe detox?