Should I also be taking Norvir

I was diagnosed as HIV positive in March of 08. Since I had tested negative in November of 07 the Dr. told me I was newly infected and we made the joint decision to start treatment immediately even though my VL was climbing and my T-cell count was 540. I started a Reyataz and Epzicom regimen once a day. My recent blood work showed a drop in the VL from 380,000 to 238. The T-cell was 504. Based upon everything I have been reading, Reyataz is typically used in conjunction with Norvir. When I asked my Dr. about this he said Norvir was not necessary since I was newly infected and he wanted to hold off on the Norvir in case it was needed later in treatment. Is this a correct approach or should I be taking Norivir as well.

Your doctor is right. Reyataz can be taken without Norvir for naive patients. The correct dose is two 200mg daily, with food.

Fiber and meds
todays gene therapy live-meeting