Protein Shakes

Nelson, I am at the end of my rope with my body. I am 5'6" and weigh 180 pounds needless to say I look like a cardboard box with arms and legs. I bought a book yesterday called "Body for Life" that encourages protein shakes and supplements. Is this safe? I really want to try this program but don't want anything to interfere with my drug regimen which is Viramune and Truvada. I have been undetectable for 4 years and my cd4 is 486. Your opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks Rick

That is a great book that has helped many. Whey protein shakes shuld not present any problems with your meds. However, be aware that many people (I am one of them) are not only lactose intolerant but also milk protein intolerant, so those shakes give us bloating and diarrhea. Make sure you are not one of us :)

You are taking a very metabolically friendly HIV combo, by the way.

Just try to cut out sweets, eat more lean meats, vegetables, fruit, lots of soluble fiber, good oils (olive oil), control your lipids, exercise to sweat for 20 minutes a day and do some resistance training with weights and machines for 45 minutes three to four times a week.

I hate the fact that it takes so much work to stay in shape LOL

Nelson

andropause and hiv
Re: Butt wasting