running out of meds..

I have been diagnosed as hiv/aids and I have become resistant to all meds ( ALL) ..I try to stay as healthy as possible .My friends say I should look alternative meds. what do you think of this?

I am not sure where you live, so this answer may or may not apply to you since some meds are yet to be approved in some countries.

I created a web site called salvagetherapies.org for people like you, and me. Luckily, we have new medications that are doing wonders for people whose HIV have mutated in years into a multi-drug resistant one. Isentress (raltegravir) is an integrase inhibitor that is showing excellent results with hardly any side effects. Intelence (a non nuke) is also working for some people with non-nucleoside resistance. Maraviroc (Selzentry) is a CCR5 entry inhibitor that works in around 50% of us (you need a special test to find out if you are a good candidate for the drug). Aptivus or Prezista are protease inhibitors approved for those with multi-protease resistance. Fuzeon is a fusion inhibitor that has shown excellent results when people combine it with any of the drugs I have mentioned.

Just make sure that you start at least two and preferable three new drugs that your virus has never seen and that your doctor performs a genotype or phenotype test to see what drugs will give you the best chance for viral control.

As I said, I am not sure if you have access to any of these meds since not all countries have access to them yet. Please let me know if I can be of any further help since I can find out for you what programs are out there if you tell me where you live.

Try to avoid "cures" or herbs or supplements out there that claim that they can control the virus. They don't.

Nelson

Vitamin skepticism
bout deca 200