The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


May 20, 2008

I am a Gynecomastia patient. My doctor says to let it as it is. Shall i let it or should i compulsorily undergo surgery

Response from Mr. Vergel

Gynecomastia (increased in breast tissue in men caused by increased estrogen levels that can come from testosterone convertion, genetics, or some HIV meds) can be treated in its early stages with estrogen blockers like Arimidex at low doses ( 0.25 mg a day.) But when the breast tissue gets too big, treatment will not shrink it, so surgery is the only way to deal with it. Just make sure that the surgeon uses an incision that no one can see later (under and around the nipple)

I hope this helps!


Combivir & Viramune as my medication regimen?
How Much is Too Much

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint