which Medicine to take

Thank you for your good job and may God bless you. Doctor i have been taking Trimune 40, which caused me a lot of fat loss on my arms, butt, lets, and hips. In January this year my doctor change my medicine to Combivir + Nevirapine, do you think I will stop Loosing fat? Am so worried Doctor, please help me out.

Thank You. Philipina Tanzania.

Dear Philipina

AZT, one of the medicines in Combivir, has been shown to decrease fat under the skin. You may not have other options to replace it in your country (tenofivir or abacavir), so it is more important to keep in mind that controlling HIV is the most important thing for your health. Find out if yuo have access to other more fat friendly medicines in your country, but do not stop your current treatment due to fears on more fat loss. I certainly hope that the international HIV treatment access community, Gilead, generic manufacturers and GSK keep working hard at providing access of medicines that can replace AZT and Zerit around the world.

Nelson

Abdominal fat
Painful disintergrating calf muscles