Periodontal desease & swollen Glands on the face

Hi Doc Vergel; I have had HIV since '86, and also have inherited Periodontal disease, I've gone to dentists who do the general cleaning, but at times like the present when I'm under extreme stress, I tend to loose weight and my the glands on the side of my face swell, along with every other gland in my body. This newest doctor want to check for mumps?!! I explained, what I need is to have all my teeth removed to reduce the stress on my immune system! I have not had an easy time with Doctors, since I have been treated like a number and the care is not their to listen to my opinion or concerns. I'm now living in a smaller town where their is a wide choice of 2 HIV specialists, My question; is their some manner of speach i must be missing out on to clue this new doctor to my concerns? I know doctors have their own Jargon, and I'd Like to get my teeth removed to relieve my immune system. I've suffered from this all my life and now the periodontal problem has worsened. Yet I need the Doctors OK, to have this procedure done! I'm 42 yrs old and would like to see my 50th birthday. Thanks for being their , in advance. Paul

I would say that you need to see a good dentist about this before thinking about getting your teeth removed! There are many causes of gingivitis: plaque induced, vitamin defficiencies, medication related, infections, etc. You may want to read the Merck Manual information on this problem before you see a specialist: http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec08/ch115/ch115b.html.

Also, there are free dental programs for HIV positives in every city in the US. Look at this list.

Canker Sores
HIV and HYdroxyCut