I don't want to do lipitor

Hi Nelson - my cholesterol is a little high, but Im hoping for some other solution that can let me avoid taking cholesterol drugs like lipitor. Honestly, my diets not great - pretty heavy on pizza and hamburgers and junk food. I know I need to shape up, but Im feeling kind of lost about the whole thing. What can I do to get my numbers down? Where's the best place to start making things better?

First of all, you need to really "mean it" when you say that you want to find other ways to lower your cholesterol. You know that eating a lot of pizza and hamburgers, both loaded with saturated fat, can increase your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. So, I would cut down on those foods and replace them with lean meats, vegetables and fruit. Exercising or walking daily to break a sweat for at least 20 minutes should also help a lot. If your triglycerides are high, you could look into taking fish oil supplements (omega 3 fatty acids) at 1000-3000 mg a day to lower them. Find a buddy that will stay motivated with you in your life style improvements!

tips for staying healthy while not on meds
No grapefruit at all??