Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Colloidal Silver vs.HIV Aids
Sep 7, 2004

i have been diagnosed since 1994. I am HIV+, gay male, 44yrs.i am currently under tx with meds. i have not adhered to my meds in the past. (med holidays...way too many) i have now been taking my meds on a regular basis for the past 8 weeks. my last lab work was not impressive at all and scared the hell out of me. if i recall correctly my t-cell was 29 and VL 75,000 ( i think) i look well and feel well , its just knowing that my labs are not good has putme in a mind state that has me worried. I was introduced to colloidal silver thru a friend. I am very aware that it is not FDA approved. The truth is since taking this in conjunction with following my med's strictly...I have felt absolutely perfect. My skin tonei s great, seemingly asymtomatic by outer appearance. I am awaiting my next round of bloodwwork but want your opinion on colloidal silver for those who are HIV+.

Response from Mr. Vergel

There are no data on colloidal silver and HIV at all. I would not count on it too much, no matter how well you feel. With your numbers, I would concentrate on taking an effective drug combination like Kaletra+Viread+Emtriva to get your T cells up and viral load in control. Also, you need MAC, PCP, and Meningitis prohilaxis. Talk to your doctor about this. Also, take your medications on time, your llife depends on it!

nelson

Previous
Lipodystrophy help!
Next
Nelson.... we're a bit stranded!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.