The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nelson,you are my last hope,pls answer!

Aug 27, 2004

Doc Nelson, I am a Asian female,I have a very painful problem need your advice.About in Sep.of 2002 I had an unprotected sex with a man.From the Jan.of 2003 I began to have many acute HIV symptoms(first itch rash on legs and chest,then low fever,weight loss, night sweats, fatigue,diarrhea,being in hell during that time),symptoms lasted 6 months.In May and August of 2003 I took Elisa HIV-1,2 antibody test-negative; in June of 2004 I took antibody test again-still negative.But the problem is from Jan.of 2003 I have been with sore pharynx for 22 months untill now,ENT doc only gave me some iodic tablet and advised me to improve my immune,so I am in very puzzled situation,one hand I had negative HIV test at 21 months,on the other hand long term sore pharynx indicate my immunity has problem,after all I am only 25 years old,I never had any illness before the unprotected sex! The doc refused to give me PCR test here,but I think PCR test is very necessary in my case,doc Nelson,I really want to know your ideas in my case,do you think it is HIV causing my low immunity??? I am very worried....thanks

Response from Mr. Vergel

You are right, a PCR test will be the way to go for you. Try to go see another doctor who will agree to run the test for you, even if you have to pay cash fro it. Nelson

Gotta lose some weight and get healthy
Thanks, Praise and Best Wishes!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint