FACIAL WASTING

Hi, Nelson. I'm Frank and I live in Naples, Florida. Positive for about three years now and experiencing some facial wasting and don't know if it's due to my being 58 or HIV or the drugs I'm using [Zerit, Viramune and Epivir]. I read in a previous response you recommended Dr. Hal Brody in Atlanta for Bio-Alcamid. I also understand New-Fill is good as well. Do you know of anyone in the South Florida area that may be able to help me determine what is causing the wasting, and whatever the reason, what can be done to treat it? I don't feel like driving 9 hours to Atlanta if I can help up. I think you're a very caring guy and I like reading your articles. Peace.

You know that Zerit has been linked very strongly with lipoatrophy and facial wasting, right? You may want to talk to your doctor about switching it to Viread instead. You may want to go see Dr Engelhard ins Miami Beach about your facial wasting. He is part of the Dermik's Sculptra (NewFill) program and is very experienced in many procedures. Dermik is setting up a free program for people with no insurance who make under 40,000 dollars a year. Talk to him about that since he knows the details. Dr Hal Brody in Atlanta does not use Bio-Alcamid. He uses silicone mricrodroplets. I hear he is very good. Check my web site facialwasting.org in a month for updates.

Nelson

viraed
Truth or Snake oil?