Built to Survive

nelson: Is Built to survive: HIV wellness guide a new publication that is not out yet ? i appear to be getting information on 2 different publications when i enter this into amazon. I am interested in teh exercise and nutrition info, my husband and i are + and i know that the little exercise i do is of benefit to me. It's basically walking, yoga and some light (5lb !) hand weights. my husband goes to teh gym, but i would like to see him go more than once a week. we do not take any supplements,except a multi vitamin. thanks

The book is on its third edition now. Amazon.com carries it but you can get it cheaper at medibolics.com (all proceeds fund HIV wellness projects, we donate 100 % of them.) It has a very comprehensive nutrition, supplement and exercise section, plus all the information you need on the medical use of hormones in HIV. It also covers aspects of lipodystrophy and treatments for facial wasting. It took us 4 years to gather all references!

I am glad you two are exercising. Do not forget to add some resistance exercise to your routine since it is the only way to maintain lean body mass and increase your bone density without drugs! I agree that your husband needs to increase his frequency to 3 times a week since all research has shown that you need that much to do the job on your body. It is a habit that is hard to sustain, but once you have it, it is hard to let go after seeing all the benefits. I tell people that most research I have read shows that it takes anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks of 3-4 times a week resistance exercise before you start seeing changes in your body. But most people give up before that in this instant gratification society!

Nelson

Protein supplements
miss you buddy