diet and surgery when HIV+

I am HIV+ and in good health.I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. It fortunatly is in the early stages but it needs to be removed. The surgen has put me on the cabbage diet for 7 days although I am not overweight (5' 10" and 150lbs) I am concerned about losing more weight and don't understand the value of the diet other than weight loss which I definitly don't need. Any comments?

This is the first time I have heard about a Cabbage diet. Your weight is normal,so I am not sure what your doctor is trying to do. You may want to ask him what the purpose of suych diet is and let me know.

I am sorry about your diagnosis of prostate cancer. Just make sure you talk to your doctor about what ways he/she will use to prevent any nerve damage surrounding the prostate area to avoid impotence. Soem doctors have better techniques than others.

I would not try to lose weight if I was you. Just let me know if there is a medical reason why anyone should be put on a cabbage diet.

nelson

Androgel and strength
Research on HAIV/AIDS and Nutrition