The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nutritional advice

Jul 1, 2004

Hi Nelson, I hope this email finds you keeping well. I am pos, eat a healthy low sugar low fat diet, in good shape, take all the good vits multi, zinc, selenium, C and so on. I go to the gym 3xweek and work out with weights 90mins 3 x week and do cardio as well. I want to take extra supplements to build muscle only but don't know who to ask, I don't want to take artificial high sugar stuff and caffine stuff, can you tell me what would be a good thing to add to my body building exercise. I don't want to end up looking like the Hulk, but would like to bulk out muscle only. Thanks for being there Nelson. Mark

Response from Mr. Vergel

I love Betagen by EAS ( you can get it everywhere.) It has glutamine, creatine and HMB. It makes me pumped and I gain strength and weight on it. But if I stop taking it, the results fade (just like they do if you stop growth hormone!)I also believe that L-carnitine at 2000 mg/day helps me keep my muscle. When I run out of it, I tend to lose weight quickly. There is a study that links Carnitine with increases in IGF-1 ( an anabolic hormone), improvements in fat utilization and decreases in tumor necrosis factor.

There are other products like Resurgex and Juven that are have shown some promise but they tend to be very expensive (unless you live in NY state and can getthem free from Medicaid)


micronutrition suplements
Have you heard of this doctor?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint