Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Too sweet a guy
Jun 25, 2004

I have a poor appitite, mostly due to the virus and med side effects. The only things I enjoy eating are sweet things- cookies, fruit, cookies, maple syrup, cookies...I know how bad sugar is for me- how can I lower my dependence on it? Is there an herb perhaps which could help and stimuate my appitite as well? Is eating cookies for dinner better than eating nothing at all? I do buy only healthy brands without artificial additives and flavors and all that bad stuff. thanks!

Response from Mr. Vergel

Replace cookies and all processed sweets with fruit. Also, you may want to try to increase your protein intake with whey protein shakes plus fruit (it will taste sweet but it will good for you). Good peanut or almond butter from a health food store (natural) will also taste sweet and be good for you. Sugar will suppress your immune system, feed Candida ( a fungus), increase insulin resistance (which can cause fat gain and increase in lipids), and give you a yo-yo effect in your energy levels.

nelson

Previous
re: deca wasting uy
Next
Flaking skin (answer)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.