me and my partner

My partner is HIV+, I have been to his doctor to find out as much as I can, but I was a little hesitant... What is a "bad" viral load and what is a "good" T4 cell count? What do I have to look for to really look after him? I want to all that I can to make sure he stays healthy and alive... Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The US guidelines say people need treatment if their T cells are close to 350 and viral load about 35,000. If you have less then 200 T cells you are more prone to get opportunistic infections.

It is so good that you are getting involved in his health care. You really must love him a lot.

Make sure he eats a balance diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and lean meats, and that he exercises 3-4 times a week. Have him take a multivitamin once or twice a day on a full stomach. Make sure he manages stress well. Smoking and too much alcohol is a no no. Recreational drugs can also lower immunity.

Let me know if any other questions come up. I wish every partner was like you!

Nelson

how to gain weight and reduce my triglycerides and cholesterol.
White flakes on the skin