Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV/HCV
Jun 20, 2004

Nelson, I've read your book and been on almost all of the supplements in your program for almost 3 years. I also have been taking cycles of 1-AD from ergopharm. I am HIV/HCV positive, on Combivir, Sustiva for 14 mos. My viral load is undetectable with 8oo t-cells. My nadir t-cells were about 350. I have been Pos for about 4 years. My HCV load is low-to-med. I am in the best shape of my life, (bench 300, squat 500, I'm 5'6, 182 lbs))and follow M. Mentzer's, C. Aceto's, and Dorian Yates lifting philosophies. My Dr. wants me to start therapy for HCV this week. He and I both think that this would be a good time since I am in great shape and have no side effects from my HIV meds. ( Maybe a bit of fat loss from buttocks, arms, and legs...very slight) My question after all that is...do you have any opinion on maintenence levels of the POWER program to help with the side effects almost certain to occur during my HCV treatment. I am concerned about energy levels, loss of muscle mass, as well as continuing with a more liver-stressful oral like 1-AD. Can you give me some help with planning for this treatment time. My biopsy was great with no damage or fibrosis. My intuition tells me that a POWER routine might be very helpful with so many treatment drugs going into my body. I am also an employed executive and will have to have extra energy to work. They do know about my planned treatment and are 1000% supportive. What do you think? Thanks for all of your great advice and examples about what 1 person can accomplish. After this treatment I do want to chat with you in person about how to replicate your Wellness Center for my area, as community leaders my wife and I think we could get it done. You example has inspired me. R-

Response from Mr. Vergel

Thanks. I think I answered this question already,right?

Nelson

Previous
Weight gain
Next
Herbal Detox Teas

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.