Benefits of L-Arginine

I am wondering about the immune-enhancing benefits of L Arginine. It is a prominent ingredient in several medical foods, such as supplements to help prevent bed sores and speed healing, and now I see it in specialized beverages designed to improve immune response. The manufacturer of one drink that I very much enjoy says that L Arginine can help "enhance T-cell function" and that it can help improve liver health. The drink supplies 2000 mgs. per 8 ounces, which I think is a pretty significant dose. Do you believe that L Arginine is good for HIV-positive people, and that this is a therapeutic dose? Thanks.

Arginine may have some immune enhancing effects and also help increase growth hormone output and lean tissue. But I am concerned about its negative effect on herpes flare ups if you are prone to them. It has also shown to accelerate healing time in burned patients.

I would rather take glutamine for immune function, gut health and lean body mass gains.

Nelson

veiny legs and test/deca
blood pressure question and hgh