Steroid Therapy Necessary?

I've been positive for almost 2 yrs now; late 20's; viral load undetectable; and t-cell counts consistantly in the 200's. I eat well and workout 6x week and look great. My question is re: your 'built to survive' philosophy. I mentioned this to my doctor after I found out that my testosterone levels are always slightly lower than 'normal' -- and my doctor said that since I'm not wasting and so young there's no reason to introduce steroids... as it would be more 'cosmetic' than medical. I'd like to bulk up a bit -- how would you recommend I approach the issue with my doctor? Thanks.

It is very hard to justify the use of anabolics if you are within normal weight, specially if your doctor has no training on this issue. Some doctors are not afraid to prescribe them to increase lean body mass in those who may have lower than normal body weight, estimated by BMI (body mass index) of less than 21-22, or if you have lost weight and cannot regain it by just eating a normal diet and exercising.

People think I advocate for the use of anabolics for everyone. What they forget is that I wrote the book during times when wasting was among our main killers.

Nelson

Anabolic steroid usage and intimacy
My menstration has stopped