For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Anabolic steroid usage and intimacy

I and my wife would like to have a baby. However, now I am using anabolic steroid (nandrolon decanoate). I am well aware of the adverse effects of the substance, especially that it reduces both the amount and the quality of the sperm which can cause less chance of fertilization. In my guess the substance is also in the sperm. May that increase the risk of birth defect or any fetal disorder? Can that cause any adverse effect for my wife (even if she is not pregnant)?

Thank you very much for your time and effort to answer my question.

If you want to have a baby, I would stop the use of nandrolone right away. It may take months before you reach normal sperm. Talk to your doctor about this, or have him refer you to an endocrinologist or urologist who knows about this.

I have no options left
Steroid Therapy Necessary?