I have no options left

Dear Nelson:

I seen some of your answers in which you say that you have developed resistance to all HIV meds and are taking Fuzeon now. My doctor told me I am also resistant to everything and wants eto take Fuzeon. My T cells are going down at 130 now, and my VL is 50,000, up from 10000. What would you do if you were me?

Eduardo

Dear Eduardo:

I would try to construct a regimen with at least two active drugs. Possibilities are Fuzeon+Tipranavir (to be available in 4 months or so in expanded access), Fuzeon + TMC 114 or TMC 125 (available through trials at clinicaltrials.gov), Fuzeon+ double protease combo boosted with Norvir (like Kaletra+Invirase). Anyway, talk to your doctor about this. I am glad to see that there are emerging options for people with multi drug resistance. Keep in mind that none of these combinations have been studied, so we are all taking some risks when we proceed in this fashion. You may want to join my salvage listserver by sending an email to salvagetherapies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Good luck!

Nelson

spread the word: new clinical trials for tmc 114 and tmc 125
Anabolic steroid usage and intimacy