what do u take

Nelson...I know this might be personal..so if its to personal I am sorry. What over the counter products to take each day. You give so much advise on take this and take that..but maybe you could just give a list of what you take. We trust you..ha ha.. thanks

Umm, you put me on the spot! I will tell you everything I take. I hope you are ready!

I am a pill popper and a pharmaceutical android. My pill box has 35 slots(I do not take all that, I just have it around in case). I am lucky to have a good high risk insurance that I pay a high premium for. My two main problems are fatigue and diarrhea, so I take stuff for that.

1- My HIV medications (this changes once in a while since I am on salvage therapy and I am still searching for the best combo):

Viread+Combivir+Lexiva/Norvir+ Fuzeon

I have been on all approved HIV medications in the past (I have been positive for 21 years and still doing relatively OK even though my T cells have dropped from 540 to 220 in the past two years.) I am trying desperately to get on Tipranavir or TMC-114 but it is has been a difficult process. Keeping my eyes open for all entry inhibitors.

2- My quality of life medications:

Cozaar for moderately high blood pressure Testosterone injections 200 mg every two weeks for sexual function Deca Durabolin injections 200 mg every two weeks for lean body mass/energy B-12 injections 1 cc every week for appetite and energy Marinol , 10 mg is I lose appetite (it also gives me energy, which is very weird for most) Limotil if I have excessive diarrhea and I have to travel Ambien (10 mg) for sleep Cialis for erectile improvement (once in a while, I hate the stuffy nose side effect) Zoloft for depression (I am going through a rough spot now) Exercise three times a week with weights

3- Supplements:

-One Energy Pack pill (SuperNutrition) in the morning -One Easy Swallow packet (SuperNutrition) in the morning -Acetyl-L-Carnitine 2000 mg/day (nerve protection, lipid lowering effects, mitochondria protection). My lipids have always been perfect. -Coenzyme Q-10 300 mg/day for energy and to protect my mitochondria and heart (not proven 100% but I believe in the small non HIV studies) -Calcium 2000 mg a day for bone and diarrhea -Digestive enzymes (3 pills with meals)to minimize bloating/gas -Zinc/Copper 50/3 mg a day for sexual function, skin and hair health -Vitamin E 400 units twice a day -Baby aspirin once a day for cardiovascular protection -One B-100 capsule at night for general metabolic protection

I am glad we have the Houston Buyers Club since I save over 60% there. I am also glad that many of these things are covered by my insurance and the ones that are not are tax deductible with a doctor's order. I am a fortunate man who can access most of what I need (although access to salvage therapies is becoming frustrating with all the exclusions that companies set on patients in need)

I am sure you are overwhelmed by now! I am a living example of better life through chemistry! :)

Nelson

Need Help. I have been asked to train someone HIV +
stomach problems