Testosterone Replacement and erections

nelson,

I'm not having much luck with testosterone replacement. I started with once a day 1% 50 mg androgel. No sex drive.

I then went to testim at one tube a day. A little better.

A friend suggested shots so my conservative doc put me on 1cc a week of depo test.

I still cant get very hard.

My total testosterone was 83 last time tested at 1%

Do you think I should try the testim at a higher dose? I read what you said about the gels having less of a yo yo effect.

Much Thanks

Jim

Jim:

Sexual desire may increase with testosterone, but many people do not get improved erections. If your total testosterone is close to 1000, I doubt that you will get any better results if you increase the dose of testosterone, and you may increase the potential for side effects like acne, hair loss, polycythemia, higher blood pressure, etc

Talk to your doctor about Cialis. What I like about this drug is that it improves erectyle function over 3 days, so taking it twice a week can keep you pretty normal. Just be careful with the stuffy nose and the heart burn that I can cause. Some people have also complained of lower back pain with it (they have no idea why this happens). Keep in mind that if you are taking Norvir you may need to start with a lower dose. Also, like Viagra, you should not use poppers with it.

If Cialis does not work for you, ask your doctor to refer you to a urologist. He/she may prescribe Trimix, a compounded injectable that produces hard erections that last 1-2 hours.

I hope this works. Erectyle disfunction can have a huge impact in someone's life. Luckily, we have a lot more options nowdays!

Nelson

Sleep Apnea and Testim
HAART-related Soft Stools?