Neuropathy Comment

Nelson, I read a response you gave a person regarding neuropathy. You stated that you felt his numbers were too good to have neuropathy. He was also not on HARRT so the neuropathy could not have been caused by that.

In my case it was the neuropathy which led me to discovering its cause, HIV itself. I too am not on HARRT and have fairly good numbers but do have a fairly severe case of PN. I'm actually taking 3600mg of Neurontin and 75mg of Amitriptyline daily.

And yes, in my case the Neurontin helps with the pain and the Amitriptyline helps with the burning. Even on those amounts of the drugs some of the neuropathy symptoms sneak through daily, but once I got used to the drugs, my life is improving greatly.

I had many doctors tell me my pain could not be neuropathy because it was too early in my infection. Therefore they never ordered any tests nor prescribed any meds for it. Not until I switched to doctor S. did I get the attention and proper diagnoses.

Your readers should be aware that neuropathy can occur at any point of infection, although most PN in HIV+ patients is caused by HARRT, but not all of it.

As always thanks for the good work.

Thanks for the clarification!

nelson

Human Growth Complex
sue ritonovir asses!