Peripheral Neuropathy

Nelson, I admire you're courage - its an inspiration to me. I've only been infected 18 months with T Cells very good at 851 and VL below 1000 and no ART yet. Last fortnight I started getting PN in feet and hands and am on neurontin. I had been going to the gym regularly, but thats quite painful now. Obviously swimming could be the go. I was wondering do you have any thoughts and in particular personal experience with PN and appropriate exercise regimes. Regards, Oz.

Dear Oz

Have you seen a neurologist about this? This may be too soon to be happening, specially without ART, in my opinion.

You may also want to experiment with 2000 mg a day of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, an over-the-counter amminoacid (in the US) that is showing some promise in the treatment of neuropathy. B-6 vitamin defficiency may also lead to PN, so you may want to have your vitamin blood levels checked.

Is Neurontin helping? I hear it causes a lot of drowsiness.

Nelson

Nelson, hiv drugs unknown in foreign countries?
GNC mega men dietary supplement