Fat mass and Bioelectric Impedance

I'm 45 years old and hiv infected since August 2001, still without any ARV therapy.(heitht 166 cm and stable weight 65-67 kg many years).About 8 months after I begun gaining weight: 67kg to 78 kg in 16 months wich I atributed to a better nutrition. But the fact is that BIO measurements said that fat mass increased from 23 to 38 ( lean mass even reduced about 6 kg), and my gut is more prominent. Tried resistance exercise at first but this changes seemed accelerate instead(?). Is this related to hiv infection? To my life style?Can you suggest some kind of training to ameliorate, since it seems only fat increases and muscle reduces..Thank you in advance

Your shift in body composition can be due to aging, life style and/or HIV infection (some studies show that a small percentage of HIV patients not taking meds may develop lipodystrophy also) I would go see a HIV experienced nutritionist. Watch your sugar, sodas, flour and sweet intake. Reduce or eliminate alcohol. Eat more fruits, vegetables and nuts. Lean meats of all kinds are good. Salmon, tuna, sardines, are rich with Omega 3 oils that are good for health.

Exercise using weights or machines for an hour 3-4 times a week. Do cardio exercise AFTER the weight training for 20-30 minutes, making sure you break a sweat.

More information on this in Built to Survive

Nelson

Built to Survive

Acne on Testim
gynecomastia