Acne on Testim

Nelson,

I have been on testim at two tubes a day. I am breaking out on my chest and back and dont know what i should do about it. I currently am taking minocycline at 100mgs twice daily and 6grams of b5 per day. My face is clear but my body is going down hill. I really dont want to stop testim or to have to take accutane. What do you think?

Be careful with Accutane since it can be liver toxic. Some people respond with severe acne with the use of androgens. I have found that zinc supplements (50 mg a day), tanning (be conservative), and brushing with anti-bacterial soap(I use Palmolive dish washing liquid, I am not kidding), can help with this problem.

Some skin doctors use Ketoconazole cream or pills , an antifungal that may block DHT- the metabolite of testosterone that may be responsible for oil build up in pores and hair loss. There are also acne creams that have bezoyl peroxide or salicilic acid that may help. Talk to your doctor, he may need to refer you to a dermatologist.

If you do not find a way to manage this problem, you may have to get off the gel, but that is a difficult thing to do since your quality of life may suffer.

Nelson

HGH and Organ Growth
Fat mass and Bioelectric Impedance