Fuzeon

My Doc.wants me to take Fuzeon, but 2 shots a day and the related "nodules" sounds like a nightmare to endure. No?

I have been taking Fuzeon since November and learned how to manage the ISRs (njection site reactions). I have not had one in over a month but I am not following Roche's advise, unfortunately. I am injecting primarily in the area where my legs and my torso meet, and in my chest. My legs and my stomach gave me several ISR's but since I started using the 90 degree angle (to the skin surface)instead of the 45 degree recommended by Roche for injections, things improved dramatically. My viral load has decreased from 40,000 to 1000, the lowest level ever in my HIV life ! I am also taking Viread, Videx and Emtriva as backgorund therapy. I pray that I do not develop Fuzeon resitance within the 39 month period observed in the TORO studies. As you know, Roche stopped the development of T-1249 which was a good option for those with T-20 resistance. Roche seems to be working on an improved T-20 formulation that may last longer in the body and require fewer injections.

Fuzeon works better if you have at least two drugs in the background that you are not resitant to, so keep that in mind. Some people are waiting for it to be a last option and forget this important issue.

I created an online support group to discuss issues related to Fuzeon. You can subscribe by sending a blank emial to Fuzeonsupport-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Nelson

You Rock!
Testim absorbtion