Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free...Unless they HIV

I recently read a question in this forum regarding a HIV+ traveler from the UK whishing to visit the United States this summer. He is correct in that the US has laws in place restricting HIV+ people from entering either on Business or as a Tourist. This law is outdated and does nothing to protect public health. We all need to write our congressmen and the President urging them to repeal this law. It affects each and every HIV+ person living in the United States in that the US sets the global standard. How can we as US citizens expect any other country to allow us, being HIV+ to enter their countries either for business or pleasure if we, the United States will not allow their HIV+ citizens to enter ours for either business or pleasure. Wake up people. Get active and protect yourselves, there are some really nasty laws already in place to discriminate against you. They need repealed and our law makers need to know the wrath that will come down on them should they consider adding to them.

Thanks for your comments. Yes, we all need to complain about this. There are also many people living in the US without legal status who are HIV positive and are terrified to be deported to their countries to have a certain death! I know many of those people and I have to say that it is a horrible thing to worry about while dealing with HIV.

Nelson

HIV impact on Sexual activity
too much testosterone