Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

what is your outake
Feb 2, 2004

Nelson,

How do you feel and what do you think? I read over the archives in some posts that there is a legitimate concern that some drug companies might bail in the years to come out of the hiv market thus leaving experienced, failing patients with little options for new prospects. What do you think? Is this true, or is current research and status suggesting otherwise.

Peter Stohr

Response from Mr. Vergel

I doubt it. There is a lot of money in the HIV market no matter what you hear and read. We take medications for life. The average healthy HIV patient under treatment needs $12000 worth of drugs to exist in a year. There are close to 1 million people with HIV in the US and 40 million in the world. I think most money spent in HIV drugs in the near future will be spent on entry inhibitors, though.

Nelson

Previous
Travelling from overseas
Next
Do I have to take supplements???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.