Weight loss and wasting

I'm currently in a workout program (cardio and freeweights). I've only been positive for 3 years and am in good shape except for a little extra body fat. I've wanted to start leaning up but don't want to do it if that will affect me later on as far as wasting is concerned.

You should not be concerned about wasting later if you lean up as long as you lose fat and not much lean body mass while you are doing so. It is important to do cardiovascular exercise 3 times a week for 20 minutes plus 45 min of resistance exercise to lose the fat and hold on to your lean body mass. Also, make sure you are eating enough protein, vegetables, fruit, and not much sweets and flours. Get a BIA test done to monitor your progress in fat and lean pounds.

Nelson

HIV and the use of tanning beds
fish oils