Any suggestion on supplements for delaying the start of HAART?

My profile is: 36 years old male. Average weight. Does cardiovascular work out 3 times a week. Does not smoke. Healthy. Infected 6 years ago. On medication for the first 3 years only. Now with 800 CD4 and 25.000 VL.

What would you suggest as a good nutritional supplement for someone with this profile?

I understand a good nutritional supplement as being a set of medicines, vitamins, minerals, amino-acids, pro-hormones, fish-oild, marijuana, erbs, etc(whatever) that are commonly understood in by HIV experts as capable of delaying the progression of the infection and the depleting of the immune system to a level were HAART must be started. According to my labs history I am expecting to start on HAART 3-5 or more years from now, but would love to know about sound strategies that could help me secure this prospect or even delay it as far as possible.

Thanks for your help. L.

I wish I could have a straight answer from you. There have been some reports on selenium and B-vitamin defficiency and immune dysfunction. I would take a good multivitamin like SuperNutrition easy swallow packets, 2000 mg/day of fish oils (megabrite is a good brand at megabrite.com), and 15 grams a day of glutamine. Keep exercising (you may want to also start weight training), eating a balanced diet, and managing your stress. Fill your life is uplifting people and find your life purpose; those are the two best medicines to keep your immune system from failing.

Nelson

Gynecomastia treatment
anabolics and cpk levels