Echinecea

Nelson, Happy New Year! I hope you had a happy and safe one. Plenty of healthy wishes for 2004. I wanted to know if it's safe to take Echinecea with HIV infection. I'm currently not on meds, but probably will be soon. But will Echinecea cause help my immune system? Or will it help the virus?

Thank you,

EW

Echinacea is an extract from a plant and is often used to treat infections, especially the common cold. Because it is able to stimulate the immune system, some people with HIV/AIDS have considered using it as a part of their treatment regimen. However, study results indicate that echinacea weakens the immune system's ability to control HIV. I would not take it.

Nelson

What about Garlic without anti-virals
Your Juice Plus Response