alternatives in the near future for new-fill or bio-alcamid

Hi Nelson,

I was wondering what agents other than new-fill or bio-alcamid might work wonderfully for temple or forehead wasting. I like the safety with new-fill but have heard that it doesn't work that great with the temple, forehead region. And I have heard about bio-alcamid but am concerned about its safety. I was wondering, are there new agents in development in the pipeline at the moment that might be safer and better than the two mentioned for this sort of wasting. Thank you sir!

Jameson

Jameson:

I am sure that there are products being looked at right now since there is so much money to be made in the field of facial fillers. Bio-Alcamid and silikon microdroplet so far are showing good results when applied by experienced providers. Only time will tell what the long term implications are. Artecoll (Artefill in the US) will be approved in the next few months but we have no HIV data with its use yet. Radiance is also another option that is emerging now, but we are also lacking HIV data. The rights for NewFill in the US have been purchased by a company called Dermik which is now going for FDA approval. I think there will be a lot to report in the next 6 months in this area, but now things are moving very slowly, unfortunately. I will keep the community updated in www.facialwasting.org, here at thebody.com and in my yahoo listserve lipodystrophy@yahoogroups.com

Nelson

nelson, where are you?
early stage wasting