I just found out my dad has aids please tell me what to do from peru

Hi doctor I from Peru, I heard about this web side and how you help people, the thing is that I just found out my dad has aids the doctors say that the infection is really advanced. Here in Peru the only place to follow a treatment is by public health program, which doesn't work well, like right now they are on a strike--they arent working--so I was wondering if there is something I can do to help my dad getting a better treatment, and please tell me what to do. Riaht now he's on medication, at the begining was horrible but now it seems to be getting better at least he has a pound or two more.He's a 58 old man,please if you need some other information let me know. Thanks a lot! and excuse my english. pao 21 years old

I am sorry about your dad's diagnosis. You need to find out if they have run a test to find out his T cell levels and may be his viral load (I hope these tests are available there). Also, find out the names of the medications he is taking. Let me know. I also speak Spanish but your English is excellent! Hang in there and do not despair. Nelson

term explanation
HGH - Human Growth Hormone and AIDS