Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

juven - are they stupid?
Nov 30, 2003

hi nelson

from one nutrition/fitness no nonsense guy to another, let me ask you...

this juven, are they stupid? or do they just assume everyone else is? they mixed three easy to purchase amino acids together: glutamine, argenine, and hmb.

first of all, they use arginine without lysine which is a health risk for those with viral infections since both aminos compete for absorption, and too much of one negates the other. without lysine, herpes viruses have been shown to thrive.

secondly, they claim their "product" is this magical suppliment, but any suppliment with high doses of these three aminos will render the exact same results, so who are they kidding when they pretend this is a magic recipe?

thirdly, the packets contain aspartame, an immune suppressive artificial sweetener which can be extremely destructive, particularly to those with already compromised immunity.

and finally, all this bullshit, for 80 dollars for a box of 30 packets? hahahahaha... i mean, can we begin the boycott right this minute? can someone please make a generic brand amino acid mix drink to completely demolish the sales of "juven?" and when they do, include lysine, and exclude apsartame.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I think you summarized it pretty well! But let's remember that even though it is a mix of aminoacids that you can buy separately, the company has done some interesting research and got their product approved in several Medicaid programs, so people with HIV that are on Medicaid can get the product for free in several states. I do not like the arginine by itself either. I get hairy leukoplakia (a patch on the tongue caused by a herpes virus) every time I try the product. To be honest, I like glutamine and creatine as well without this problem.

Nelson

Previous
keep the great work going!!!!!
Next
term explanation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.