Leaving Zerit

Hi Nelson Don'tknow if you had a chance to read my question about Zerit. I have spoken to my doctor about getting off Zerit and getting on to Viread. Viread is not available in Canada yet. In the meantime he has suggested I take AZT with my Sustiva and Abacavir. I read that AZT is also a culprit in facial wasting - the view is that AZT is the lesser of the two evils until Viread is available in the spring??? What are your thoughts given what I read about AZT?

Thanks again

Yes, AZT can also cause lipoatrophy but at about half the rate of Zerit (Dr Mallal and other Australians have led the research in this area). Viread and Ziagen do not seem to cause lipoatrophy in the studies presented so far. Also remember that not everyone gets lipoatrophy and that there are other factors like tumor necrosis alpha levels, aging, race and even genetics involved. Talk to your doctor about this. I hope you guys get Viread soon!

Nelson Vergel www.powerusa.org

Testim and large breasts
When Should One Consider Anabolic Steroid Use?