The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

do you know? cause i am so confused?
Nov 22, 2003

Hi Nelson,

Um, i had a negative antibody test at 3 months, but i think Im symptomatic, so i don't know whether or not i should have a pcr done? What are the cases when this is warranted? Thank you sir!


Response from Mr. Vergel

When in doubt , get a PCR. It takes some people a few months to seroconvert to show antibodies, but the PCR is a sure thing. Talk to your doctor. You could also be coming down with something completely unrelated to HIV. nelson

buffalo hump
Testim and large breasts

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint