AIDS can be easily treated in most people,

In a recent question, you responded by stating "AIDS can be easily treated in most people". Perhaps I'm just overwhelmed by my recent poz status, but to me, there doesnt appear to be anything easy about aids treatment or survival. Instead it appears to be a complex trial & error process in which the patient continually loses quality of life.

As a 20 year survivor of HIV and one who has developed multi drug class resistance, I still believe that HIV is a manageable disease and that we can preserve quality of life. I did not say it was easy. It takes a lot of self empowerement and constant learning. We have medicines in 4 classes now. And the entry inhibitor world is just exploding. I know it seems overwhelming when you are recently diagnosed. Do not lose hope. Read as much as you can. Take charge of your health and do not be a passive patient in your health care. Get your doctor to be your partner in health, not your decision maker. Keep reading this web site since it is probably one of the best sources of information. There is a lot we can do to preserve our quality of life. The most important thing is to keep our hopes and to keep educating ourselves!

Nelson Vergel www.medibolics.com

how to get assistance for wasting products?
is wasting inevitable? please answer