HGH

Nelson, Guru of nutrition!

What do you think of the use of HGH with HIV pos individuals? I'm 5'11, 200lbs (gained weight recently). I have read so many positive things, but what are the negatives? Are there any particular brands or companies I should use? I am probably going to start meds in the next month or so. I appreciate your advice.

You can a read a lot about growth hormone in www.medibolics.com. At 200 pounds and 5'11" , you will not get a prescription for Serostim (the brand approved for HIV wasting). Serostim also works to brun visceral (abdominal fat) in lipodystrophy ,but it has not been approved for that use yet. The side effects are not fun: diabetes for some, joint aches, water retention. It cost $1000 per mg/day per month (i.e. $6000 a month for 6 mg/day). Many insurance companies do not want to pay for it and ADAP programs are cracking down also.

Nelson

need your input please :-)
frustrating that doctors have no idea why people have facial wasting and how to fix this!!!