Facial lipoatrophy, and general lipodystrophy

Dear Nelson Vergel: Has the FDA and US Doctors gotten off their duff and begun trials using New-Fill for facial wasting? Whats the word? Additionally I have been prescribed serostim whos side effects I cant seem to tolerate and this week Avandia**My Dr. assures this will help but I keep reading that Avandia is basically useless in reversing facial or overall fat resdistribution** What do you know about this>? Thank you for your good work Your Admirer Dale Shaw

Dale:

Dermik, an American company, bought the rights of NewFill in the US and is getting ready to launch a multi center study (no details yet). Richard-James, the owners of an ultrapure silicone called Silskin, and Polymekon-USA, the owners of Bio-Alcamid, will also be launching their studies in the next few months. Susbcribe to my listserve so that you can be the first to know when that happens. To subscribe, send an email to lipodystrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Avandia looks promising in two studies and not so good in one to increase fat under the skin and reverse lipoatrophy. I am yet to meet someone who has used it successfully. It may also have a bad side effect: increasing your cholesterol and triglycerides. The ACTG is studying it alone and in combination with Metformin (I hear the study is not enrolling patients very fast). To find out more about the study, visit http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00015691?order=1 Lipodystrophy Study

wasting from TNF
facial wasting