wasting from TNF
Oct 10, 2003
is there such a thing as TNF inhibitors?
Response from Mr. Vergel
Yes, actually Dr Kotler in NYC is doing a study with TNF (Tumor necrosis factor) inhibitors and lipodystrophy. High TNF levels have been implicated in fat cell death in lipoatrophy and with wasting syndrome. TNF is a cytokine,(protein) produced by the immune system to kill tumor cells, but when it is produced in large amounts it can lead to pro-inflammatory problems.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Needle Stick How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
- Diarrhea Sign Of Seroconversion
- Is Testicular Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.