Conventional Wisdom on Mega C
Sep 30, 2003
Hi, Nelson, a former Dr. Joan Priestley patient here with a question about Vitamin C. When I was going to Dr. Joan in the early 1990s, mega-C therapy was in vogue. I remember being told to take up to 4,000 IUs at a time and boost it until you found your tolerance. They even had IV drips hooked up, although I passed because of my aversion to needles. But I haven't read any recent recommendations to boost C that high. Is this wisdom outdated? I was considering boosting my C again but wondering if it was still considered safe. Thanks for your time.
Response from Mr. Vergel
A study presented at the ICAAC conf showed that Vit C at doses over 1000 mg can lower Crixivan concentrations, so we need to be careful!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.