Question about starting anabolic steriod treatment

I am reading Beyond Built. I have considered doing a cycle of steriods to assist me in gaining lean muscle mass. My question is this. In February i weighed 137 pounds. Since then I have focused on gaining weight. I am at 179 as of August 28. I do not have a problem gaining weight (even though prior to getting sick I weighed 210) but I am not gaining lean muscle just fat. I know I need to hit the gym eat right and all that good stuff but I would like to use the philosphy in Beyond Built to gain extra mass. The only side effect I am experiencing from my drugs is fatigue. I am just curious what you would suggest. Would a cycle or two of steriods be worth the possible side effects to gain extra mass and lean muscle?

Any suggestions or comments would help...

Thom

I am not familiar with the book Beyond Built. Does it have information about HIV related issues? How tall are you? Are you working out? Have you tested your testosterone and thyroid hormone levels? What medications are you taking?, etc Anabolic steroids have been shown to be effective in increasing lean body mass in people with HIV, but they do have side effects. It is important to be monitored by a physician who knows about this therapy. You may want to read HIV specific information about anabolics and HIV at www.medibolics.com

Nelson

Criticism of response to Alcohol and HIV question
lipoatrophy creeping back