Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

side effects and facial changes
Sep 2, 2003

mr nelson vergel

good morning

iam from india. the first time iwas tested for hiv was in june 98 and the results came negitive.

iwas tested again now in july 03 ans positive with cd4 as413 and vl as 130000 . my doctor put me on meds 4dt 3tc and efavirenz and no problems .

istopped smoking and no alchol and daily morning walking for 30 minutes. iam taking good diet .and some fruits also daily .

ihave very small kids whom ihave to take care for next 20 years .

iam not well off and have to work 60 hours aweek and 6days a week . now with meds cost

imayhave to work more hours also now to take care .

theadded costs of meds . this is my financial condition . of course iam not worried to work more .

but iam so much worried imay die inthe next 10 years and then my young kids and wife will become orphans. morver ilive ina small place in india where no expertise on hiv is there . and came to know many may not speak to me .

so iam coming to you and othre s on body .

if iam taking above cares and taking meds without fail and have regular checks for other problems

you being avery long survivor will you think i will lost next 20 years and will not become aids patient .

please advice what cares ihave to take from your exprience this poor man from india .

you told me to purchase books through internet but i dont have the required credit card .

trust you would realise my condition and give some idea about my balance life and cares to be taken .

i look for ward for your kind reply at the ear liest possble .

please help me . dont forgot to reply .

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am sorry to hear that you are going through all that trouble. I would encourage you to take your medications on time, eat well, get enough rest, and keep an eye on your blood work. There is no reason why you should not live a long life with HIV like I have. Just have faith that things will be OK and try to keep a good balance in your life without worrying too much about death.

Let us know what we can do here at thebody.com for you

Nelson

Previous
Xtremly Low CD4 and Low Viral Load
Next
AM DOING THIS RIGHT???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.