positive and alcohol use

I am recently positive but not on meds. I like to drink a glass of red wine every night. Maybe once a month I will have too much to drink and will become intoxicated. What is this doing to me and my hiv progression?

A study found that subjects using highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and who were also heavy alcohol drinkers were four times less likely to achieve a low viral load compared to subjects who were not heavy drinkers. You may want to read more in the link provided. Nelson "Heavy" Alcohol Use Affects the Effectiveness of Anti-HIV Meds

meat versus cheese