positive and alcohol use
Aug 30, 2003
I am recently positive but not on meds. I like to drink a glass of red wine every night. Maybe once a month I will have too much to drink and will become intoxicated. What is this doing to me and my hiv progression?
Response from Mr. Vergel
A study found that subjects using highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and who were also heavy alcohol drinkers were four times less likely to achieve a low viral load compared to subjects who were not heavy drinkers. You may want to read more in the link provided. Nelson "Heavy" Alcohol Use Affects the Effectiveness of Anti-HIV Meds
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.